Sunday, November 20, 2011

After five and a half years of waiting...

We have an allotment! Time to get back to that old blog eh!

Literally at the top of our street is an allotment with only 9 plots and we have one. It was a long time to wait, but it is of course worth it when you actually get one. Plot 6 can be seen here and includes a shed, greenhouse, pond, cold frames and potentially more. We managed to get in for a sneaky peak. Once we have the keys and put the wellies on I will post some pictures.

So in my excitement I found http://www.allotment.org.uk/ and purchased "Vegetable Growing Month By Month". You can buy it signed direct from the publisher for on £5.99 and I promise you it is amazing (You can get it cheaper from Amazon but buying from the publisher means he should get more profit). It is exactly what a beginner needs. It is simply all the things you would have been told by your dad/granddad if they was into growing their own. As I need to start the growing bug in my lineage I am thirsty for the knowledge to pass down to my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment